Even though we strongly urge everyone to buy a water filter, there are many times when having a short-term supply of clean water is valuable. In the old days, this meant purchasing a 55-gallon drum/barrel that could be filled with water. But that solutions is heavy, unwieldy, and almost impossible to transport.
The WaterBrick is small (carries about 3.5 gallons of water, which is about 30 pounds) but can be stacked up to four feet high to produce a very efficient use of space. The size of the WaterBrick is helpful if you have to strap the unit onto the top of a car or put it in a smaller space such as under a bed. A 55-gallon drum will never work in that scenario. The WaterBrick also has a small handle on the top that makes it easier to carry–30 pounds of water can seem quite heavy.
Remember, water “spoils” after a certain amount of time, and we recommend changing out stored water about every six months.
You can buy the WaterBrick in packs of ten for a slight discount. Standard shipping rates apply.
As we said at the start of this review, a water filter is the most important tool for securing a safe water supply. However, there are definitely times you will want to have actual stored water on hand for drinking and for sanitation. The WaterBrick is by far the best solution we have found to store water.
WaterBrick Stackable Water Container and Food Storage Container: 3.5 Gallons of Liquids or up to 27 Pounds (264 Adult Servings) of Dry Foods. Made of rugged, high density polyethylene (HDPE) with an easy grip comfort handle. These unique water containers, unlike any other, can also hold food and other life essentials while adding value by cross stacking up to 4 feet for maximum efficient storage. Wide diameter lid opening with notched easy grip lid allows for an average adult to pull stored contents out of the container by hand. Stores water, food or anything you want to keep dry or store efficiently while eliminating most food odors.
- Size: 9″ W x 18″ L x 6″ H (shaped like rectangular blocks)
- Product Weight when Empty: 2.52 pounds
- Stacking Strength: due to 2 interior conical reinforcement columns
- Interlocking Strength: they interlock using their male and female connectors (cross stack for safety)
- Wide Lid Opening is 3 1/4” in diameter – can fit average adult hand to reach inside
- Full rubber gasket creating a tight seal is included inside the lid
- Recommended Stacking Height: 4 feet
- Average wall thickness of container is approximately 3/32 of an inch (.090)
- Meets FDA standards and BPA free