Lion Energy is the new name of Humless, which is marketed and sold through Food For Health International. We like the new branding and think Lion products from a Quality Assurance standpoint are actually ahead of Goal Zero’s–just the packaging has been a little behind the times. So far Lion Energy has only released a high-end battery generator, the L-1500, but we have heard they plan on bringing out a new line of personal solar products in time.
The L-1500 is a relatively small device measuring less than a cubic foot and weighing only 38 pounds. That’s small enough to take just about anywhere. The L-1500 accepts both AC and DC input, which means it can be plugged right into a normal power outlet or be hooked up to a solar energy source. For output, the L-1500 has 4 USB connections, a cigarette lighter, and two 110-220 volt AC ports. The L-1500 is a smart way to have extra power in case the power goes out for an extended period of time. We are excited to see how Lion Energy evolves its product line.
They also sell the L-1500 with an add-on solar panel component made by BOSCH.
- Internal Lithium Battery Pack: 50A/h (600W/h)
- Capacity Cycle Life: 2000 Cycles
- Minimum Charge Time: 3.0 Hours
- Charge Retention: 1 Year
- Integrated Inverter: 120V AC Pure Sine Wave, 1500W Continuous, 2000W Peak (5ms Peak)
- Integrated Charge Controller: Maximum of 40A charging current from AC and DC circuitry
- Combined Charge to the internal battery from the AC Charging Circuitry: 25A @ 14.6V DC
- Max DC output Current: 30A @12V DC
- Max DC Input Current: 15A @ 12V-50V DC
- 12V DC 50A/h Lithium-Based Chemistry
- AC: 110V-120V 50-60Hz
- Anderson Power Pole: 3 sets of ports, total of 15A limit using 12V-50V DC input
- AC: 110V-220V 50-60Hz: two outlets share a combined total current limit of 1500W, with 2000W peak for less than 5 milliseconds
- GFI Protected USB: 4 USB outlets, each capable of 3A at 5V DC, with a shared total current limit of 8A (40W Max Output)
- Anderson Power Poles: 2 sets of poles with a total of 20A @ 12V DC shared current limit (240W Max Output)
- DC: 12V Cigarette lighter Adapter, capable of 10A output (120W Max Output)