This water bottle from Food For Health International contains more than just a “make my water taste good” filter. No, this water bottle will filter up to 100 gallons of fresh water and remove anything from toxic chemicals (DDT, MTBE, arcenic) heavy metals (lead, mercury, copper, chromium 6, aluminum), microscopic pathogens, and viruses and bacteria up to 99.9999%. The bottle is BPA free.
What type of filter does it use?
The filter within this water bottle from Food For Health is an Ionic Adsorption Micro Filter which happens to be one of the most laboratory and field tested of their kind in the world (using EPA/ANSI protocols and NSF Standards 42 and 53 by Broward Testing Laboratories).
In layman’s terms, that means this filtering technology effectively removes contamination from the four main areas of contamination:
- Aesthetic – Taste, Odor, Chlorine, Silt — basically, stuff that won’t necessarily hurt you but that you don’t want to be drinking either.
- Chemical – Volatile Organic Compounds, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Trihalomethanes, Pesticides
- Dissolved Solids – Heavy Metals — things like lead, mercury, aluminum, asbestos, etc.
- Microbiological – Pathogens
Care & Maintenance
- Place the bottle in the freezer. When water freezes it expands and could damage your filter
- Put your water filter in the dishwasher
- Use anything but water in your water bottle (salt water is also bad)
- Fill with hot water