Learn More About Doomsday Preppers’ Sponsor Wise Company Food Storage
If you have seen the show Doomsday Preppers, which airs on the National Geographic channel, you may also be asking more questions about the show’s sponsor: Wise Company Food Storage. We have profiled Wise Food Storage on our site, and you can read about the company here. We also reviewed one of their most popular packages, which you can read here.
Americans like to eat. An average adult male consumes 2,500 calories a day, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and we’re accustomed to an abundant supply of food no matter what season. But emergency survival consultant Scott Hunt, one of the advisers on the National Geographic Channel reality show Doomsday Preppers, warns that we could go easily from feast to famine in the event of a disaster that disrupts our food system unless we’re prepared.
In the TV series, Hunt and his fellow consultant David Kobler, evaluate the survival preparations of various families concerned about future cataclysms. A substantial portion of Hunt’s and Kobler’s checklist is devoted to emergency food storage and preparation, since maintaining a nutritious diet in trying circumstances is crucial to survival.
Here are five things Hunt suggests one should do to get prepared for an emergency.
- Know your nutritional needs and plan accordingly. Too many food storage companies trick buyers into thinking about servings rather than total calories. Make sure you know before you buy.
- Have a secure place to store your food. The cooler the better since shelf life is optimized the closer you get to freezing conditions.
- Select foods you will actually eat.
- Have a heat source to cook your food as well as a way to purify water.
- Pre-packaged, ready-to-eat meals are the easiest way to go. Unless you know how to grind wheat and cook from scratch, the best bet is to just add water to reconstitute a great-tasting meal.
The latest episode of Doomsday Preppers airs tonight, November 20 @ 9PM EST. It’s called “Bad Times All the Time.”
Also, look to this site and at Wise Company Food Storage for any upcoming Black Friday or holiday deals. Happy prepping!